Before May 1st. I was looking forward to the end of the school year, riding bikes and going on hikes as a family and enjoying the long days of summer. Little did I know my life would change in an instant! May 11th I was diagnosed with Stage 2 Invasive Ductal Carcinoma. aka Breast Cancer. Who would have thought that at 34 years old I'd be faced with cancer. After seeing my "female doctor", Ultrasounds, mamograms,MRI, Oncologist and an Oncology surgeon, we finally have a plan. A plan to get rid of this CANCER! I start chemo immediately and will have 6 sessions in total. Each session is two weeks long. By the end of summer I will be done with chemo!!
I'm confident that I will be alright....better than alright. I will be great. This is just a short bump in the road and I'm sure I will come out stronger and better in the end.
I'm using this blog for an emotional outlet, to document the process and to keep all those we love informed of how we are doing. Please feel free to leave comments and to give me words of encouragement.
I love you and am so grateful for your thoughts and prayers on my behalf.
We are with you every step of the way! Mom and Dad
ReplyDeleteGeez ... no kidding! Every day is a gift. I love you! Robin
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry! I hadn't heard; you are in my prayers <3
ReplyDeleteMy Dear Friend and Sister...as shock as I'm. We need to trust that God has a plan just like it did the past months. You have our Heavenly Father watching over you and the family. As I recall the trials that Job went through it gives one courage to know that God has the peace that passed understanding. We may not see right now why things happen. However we know if we trust in the Almighty, He can turn into a learning and growing experience of Faith. Taking one day at a time..smiling because you are not alone..God is and will be every moment of this road. Let me know if you guys need anything. We will be praying..Everything will work out for good. Lots of Love..
ReplyDeleteYour sister and friend Evelyn
Hi Kristen,
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear this. My prayers will be with you constantly! The Lord is great and will carry you all through this uncharted water! I know we have been away for a while now but please know we ALL think of you guys often and miss being able to see you very much! If you ever need to talk, about anything or nothing in particular, I'm here! 541-391-3757. Yeah it's still a OR number... lol
Love to you all!
Melissa Toppenberg
Sorry to hear the news. My prayers are with you and your family.
ReplyDeleteJenifer Maccarone