Tuesday we went up to Eugene to see Dr. Schauer, our surgeon. He did an ultrasound to compare the size of the tumor from when we first started this whole process. It is now down to 2.8cm. The surgeon was SO happy. He really felt like it was shrinking very fast and by the time my 6 rounds of chemo were over, that it would be completely gone. To see the black spot on the ultrasound this time was very different from the first time. He was having a hard time locating it this time!! The first time there was no question where it was, and the black spot was very big on the screen. He really had to search for it this time. So that means that the chemo is working!! Well, also the Essiac tea that I have been drinking and also the lemon water that I drink constantly has been helping, I am sure.
Did you know that lemons are a great cancer fighter and are supposed to be stronger than chemotherapy in killing cancer cells? Everyone, eat and drink lots of lemons this summer!
We sent Meg off to Girls Camp this morning. Actually, it is just Beehive Camp. The older girls are going on a Trek, so the Beehives get their own camp this year. They are going to Camp Mooney, just outside of Winston. She will be back Saturday evening. She has some great leaders, I am sure they will all have a fantastic time!
Yesterday was our last day of school! I am so glad! That was one of the really hard parts about being so sick, was that I felt guilty that the kids were not getting their school time. So now I won't have to worry about that. School starts on September 4th and I am hoping that I will be done with chemo and also have had surgery by then. So I will be healthy enough to start their school year again! Meg will start 7th grade and Roman will start 2nd.
I am starting to feel more like my old self these past few days. It is nice to be able to do things and spend time with the kids. We are going to enjoy this weekend and try not to think about Round #3 starting on Monday.
It is so nice to see the pictures of the boys' hair cuts and everyone sporting pink! I know that I am not alone in this process. Thank you for that. It means the world to us to know that our family is supporting us, even from a distance.
Roman and I were talking yesterday and he said, "you know, I thought it was going to be scary when you told us you had cancer, but it isn't." I secretly let out a huge sigh of relief. Then gave him a BIG HUG!!
Kristen, that is THE best news!
ReplyDeleteWe're so grateful and know that prayers and blessings have been working in your's and your family's life.
D&C 78:19 was one of Grandpa Keith's favorite scriptures and mine too--all about gratitude and associated blessings.
We love you and your family.
Dean & Kathie
YAY!!! You are doing it, Kris!
ReplyDeleteKristen,
ReplyDeleteCongrats! That's great news. Was wondering how the appt went, forgot to ask you today! So happy your treatments are working. So fun for Tyler having Roman over! We will come get him anytime, what an awesome kid! Take care. God bless, Jodi
Such a wonderful miracle! So glad you'll have the weekend to feel your normal self! Sounds like the lemon is a great treatment, too!
ReplyDeleteSpring Creek Rebers
Such exciting news Kris. I'm sure you aren't looking forward to the next round, but it is good to know that things are working and that the chemo is doing it's job. I love you Kristen ad love to hear how you and your famly are doing. I can't believe the meg is going to girls camp. You and I were so grown up when we started going to girls camp.....Meg can't be as old as that :) How fun for her though. I loved girls camp and have such great memories of that time. Glad to hear that Roman is doing well too. hugs to you and your family. love you all!!!
ReplyDelete