Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Surprise....no more chemo!!!

At our oncologist appointment yesterday we got some AMAZING news!  The doctor felt that I did not need to do the 6th and final round of chemotherapy!  The reason behind this was because how small the tumor had gone down with the first four rounds and also the chemo was getting harder and harder for my body to take.  This last round seemed to be harder than the previous ones.  Sooooo....on to surgery.  I will be doing a lumpectomy.  I don't have the date scheduled yet, but hope to do it within the next two weeks.  Not sure if I will do radiation after that or not?  We still need to talk to the surgeon. 
 I am so excited to finish that chapter of this journey.  Thank you all for the meals, cards, texts, emails, thoughts, prayers, gifts, etc.  That poison....I mean chemo...is pretty tough stuff.  I needed all of the encouragement that I could get.  THANK YOU! 
  Anyone remember this???



 

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations. So happy for you. On to the next step. Yahoo....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dance of joy indeed!! Love you Kristen!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think you should post a film of you doing the "dance of joy" hahahahahahaha!
    such great news. it was so great to talk with you yesterday Kris. I miss you and wish that I lived closer so that I could spend more time with you and your family!! Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We didn't do THAT dance of joy - but we are definitely doing the happy dance! It was so good to hear from you yesterday - and celebrate your fantastic news. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent news!! We'll keep you in our prayers <3

    ReplyDelete