The lumpectomy surgery is scheduled for this Wednesday at 8:30 at Sacred Heart in Eugene. Three or four weeks after that is when I will need to start radiation. We discussed doing/not doing radiation with the surgeon and he says that doing radiation cuts your chance of the cancer coming back in half. So that seems like it is worth it to us! Radiation treatment will take six weeks. It looks like by the end of October I should be done with everything and on my way to feeling better..
Side note...my nails are starting to die and lift up. Funny, they were fine this whole time and then about a week or so ago they started going bad. I thought I might get away with not having my nails fall off, but it looks like it is going to happen. I am also gaining weight, what the heck?!?! I think my body is all out of whack and doesn't know what is going on. My eyes are constantly watering still. So it seems that the chemo is still having some effects on me. It is definately not out of your system after two weeks.
Our oncologist, Dr. O'Neil, retired July 31st, so we are switching over to Dr. Williams. He is in the same building, same office really. We have not met him yet, but feel like it will be an easy transition. We have heard only good things about him.
Love to you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment