Saturday, August 25, 2012

Feeling good post surgery...is that a hair on my head?

Hello everyone!  I am feeling good after surgery!  I took a few days to sleep and relax.  The day of the surgery, we got home around 2:00.  I slept from 4:30 until 9:30 the next morning.  I was very sleepy!  My experience at the hospital was very good.  I had an awesome operating room nurse, who helped me relax and made the experience very easy.  In the recovery room I was next to a young highschool girl who had just had her tonsils taken out.  I could hear her talking and coughing, as I was drifting in and out of consciousness.  I will go back to the surgeon next week some time to check on the incision and then wait a few more weeks before starting six weeks of radiation.  Two down (chemo, surgery) ONE to go (radiation) !!  I can do this!!

At exactly one month since my last round of chemo, I am starting to see tiny little hairs on my head!!!  YAHOO!!  I was afraid I was going to be one of those patients that their hair doesn't grow back! 

We are off to a few yard sales this morning and then to Sutherlin to see mom and dad. 

P.S.  Thank you Nancy and Don for the shampoo and conditioner!  What a wonderful gift when my hair is just starting to come back in.  Thank you!!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go! We can't wait to see you! We miss you and think of you often. Connie, Daniel and Evelyn

    ReplyDelete