Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Look Good....Feel Better!

Today I went to a class for women going through cancer treatment called, Look Good, Feel Better!  It is a class where they teach you how to put on makeup after the effects of cancer treatment.  How to draw in eyebrows, etc..  The class I was in had six other ladies in it, all of them were at least 60 years old, I was definately the odd man out, but they were all very nice.  There were two other ladies who had breast cancer, so we were able to talk about our treatments and side effects.  It is amazing that I now belong to this group of women who have so much in common.  I also found out about a breast cancer support group that meets every 2nd Monday of the month.  I plan to try it out in October.

For this class you get a goodie bag full of cosmetics.  Everyone got something a little different, but this is what I got:


Revlon ColorStay pressed powder- (love this!!)
Maybelline Earthly Taupe eyeshadow
Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation-(love this!!)
NatureLuxe mascara
It cosmestics brow power pencil
Mac concealer-(love this!!)
Make Up For Ever eyeliner
MaryKay lip liner
Loreal True Match blush
Rouge Coco Chanel lipstick-(1st time for everything)
Loreal infallible lip gloss
My Girls skin moisturizer
Biore face wipes
Estee Lauder Take it Away makeup remover
Clinique visible skin renewer
Coppertone sunscreen lotion spf50


Guess what I got from Rachelle this week, I just have to show you!  I will give you a hint....I was missing it terribly during chemo.  Since my tastebuds were fried I could not taste anything and not tasting some of this was pretty tragic.  So now that I CAN taste again, she made me some........



Chocolate Sauce!  YUM!

2 comments:

  1. Well Hello Ms Coco Chanel! You might have to start wearing lipstick! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun, Kristen! And I want some of that yummy yummy chocolate fudge sauce!

    ReplyDelete