Our journey through Stage IIB, estrogen and HER2 positive breast cancer.
Sunday, September 30, 2012
A closer look at Herceptin
I am continuing the Herceptin therapy. I go in every three weeks for a few hours and get it through my port. While I was doing chemotherapy I also received Herceptin. But during that time, I did not notice any real side effects, because I was experiencing so many side effects from the chemo. But now that I am off the chemo, I am noticing that Herceptin has its own side effects as well. Ugh.
Nausea
Fatigue
Weakness
Dizziness
I found this video that explains what HER2 is and how Herceptin helps those of us who are HER2 positive.
This short video is also very good. It makes me very thankful for this new Herceptin treatment. Otherwise, my prognosis would have been very different.
When you think of the alternative, I will take the side effects, gratefully!
No comments:
Post a Comment