Well, it has been one week since we started eating vegetarian. Our meals are very delicious! It does take some planning ahead. I am trying to get better at making up a meal plan for the week. I have not missed the meat at all actually. Well, maybe it is because I have never been very good at cooking and preparing meat, so now that I don't have to, I feel like the pressure is off! Now I can just have fun cooking!
I hit a milestone this past week, I am going to let you know what it is, albeit very pathetic! I was able to jog for 30 seconds on the treadmill without wanting to lie down on the floor and pass out!! I am not even kidding. Before my diagnosis, I was running on the treadmill just fine. Then during treatment I could not even walk across the street to the mailbox without feeling faint. I gained about 20 pounds during treatment. It is so weird. During the first 2-3 treatments I lost weight, after that I started gaining and never stopped. Ugh. So now that I am feeling better, I am working on getting back in control of my body! Yesterday I had my Herceptin therapy again and I had lost 2 pounds. I have been exercising 3-4 times a week. I am feeling stronger and healthier each day. I have read that exercise also lowers your estrogen level, so that is another GREAT reason for me to get out of bed in the morning and go work out!
That is SO great!!!
ReplyDeleteLook into wheat grass. We are addicted! And the health benifits are anazing! I get flats and juice it all at once freeze it ice cube trays and toss a cube in my Smothie every morning. I got the juicer from amazon for about $45 . You may not be able to find flats this time of year in OR. Try the Heath food store in Riseburg (forgot the name) I have also seen pre frozen cubes in the freezer section of Heath food stores.
And have you heard about this potion?
4oz un sweetend pure cranberry juice
1tb apple cider vinager
And juice from 1/2 a Lemmon
It's great at making your system more alkaline and less acidic. Potent and pucker for sure but I notice a big difference if I'm consistently doing it every morning. Like less PMS!!