Recently I have been reading a book called "The China Study." I know many of you have already read this book and have gone vegetarian. As I read it, I can understand why you did! So the Myler family is jumping on the bandwagon starting January 1st. I cannot promise that we will do it forever, but we have commited to do it for 30 days. So we are starting there. No meat and very little dairy for the month of January.
It is absolutely crazy to me the information that I have been given since my cancer diagnosis. I have seen dieticians who have told me more dairy, more dairy, it is a good way to get protein. But the research has proven that dairy and animal protein is the cause and contributor to a lot of diseases. In this book, they talk about literally being able to turn on and off cancer with your diet. Well, if you don't mind, I would really like to turn mine (and my sister's) OFF!!
So, I am putting the challenge out there for anyone who would like to participate with us. For those of you who are already vegetarian, thank you for your example, also feel free to send me some recipes, hints and tips.
Let's all eat lots and lots of plants in 2013!
Woohoo!! I felt the same way after reading it! It is like you can't NOT at least try to go without meat for a while. It seems so obvious! Good luck!!!
ReplyDelete**Don't worry, after the first 2 weeks, it really was very easy!!**
Kristen: The challenge is one day at a time. I'm sure you would enjoy it. The more recipes I get i would send your way. God bless your effort, and the experience of this journey.
ReplyDeleteI did a 30 day vegan cleans last year. It also included no animal product of any kind, no sugar, gluten, wheat, soy, & cafeen. It was hard at first but I had great recipes. (I can send them to you if you like) I dropped 16 lbs noticed a huge difference in energy and slept so much better! I have added back in fish but almost never have any meat. I do SO much better being vegan-ish. Good for you! I think you will notice a big difference!
ReplyDelete