Friday, October 9, 2015

Tumor Board

Tuesday morning the Tumor Board met with a team of doctors and discussed me and my diagnosis.  Both of my surgeons were there, along with radiologists, radiation docs, and a few others.  I got a call Wednesday morning from Dr. Schauer, my original surgeon.  He told me they were all happy with the treatment plan and felt that radiation was NOT necessary at this time.  YAY!  Also, I could stop taking the estrogen-blocker medicine that I have been on for the past three years.  This medicine is very bad on your bones, (I now have osteopenia), so to not have to take it is DOUBLE YAY!!  It obviously wasn't working at preventing the cancer from coming back.  So why take it??!?!

I am still going in every Monday to Dr. Christiansen to get 60cc of fluid on each side.  I think maybe one more fill up and that will be done.  Once the "desired size" is reached, I wait for a few months to do the implant surgery.  These expanders are very hard and tight.  They are stretching the skin and the muscles underneath.   Right now it feels like I have two rocks on my chest.   Kyle said it best..."it could be worse, it could feel like a porcupine on your chest."  ha ha ha ha---Yes, I believe that would be worse!!  I love you Kyle, you always make me laugh. 

I am still either jogging or walking everyday.  For the first few days after my fill-up, it is too painful to jog, so I walk.  But after that, I get back to jogging. 

Love to you all. 

2 comments:

  1. I love everything about this post~ No Radiation, No more bone sucking medication, No porcupines, No more every Monday trips to Eugene, and lots of walking/jogging! YAY! I love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete