Sunday, September 13, 2015

BEST SHOWER EVER!!!

So, I realized last night I was a little behind on updates so here we go.... 

    Kristen is doing better and better each day.  She no longer takes the heavy pain medication and is down to Tylenol or Ibuprofen once or twice a day, usually in the evening. She's able to be up and doing things during the day but no heavy or moderate lifting and no raising her arms above shoulder height.  Her stamina is improving but still needs to rest periodically throughout the day.
   We went to her doctors appointment on Thursday.  Everything is going well.  He removed the last 2 drains and gave her the green light to shower.....but not until the next day so the holes where the drains came out could heal a little bit. Kristen might have been the first one in the shower Friday morning and when she came out said "that was the BEST shower EVER!"  I believe it! Not showering for 2 weeks would be tough.   Now that the drains are out they can start filling the spacers with saline in order to stretch the skin enough to put implants in.  I think they put in approximately 140cc at the time of surgery and added 60cc on each side at the last appointment and will continue adding over the next few months. There is a port at the top of each spacer where they insert the fluid with a BIG syringe.  Kris says she can't feel it, which is great because it is a BIG needle.
    The recliner is still doing it's job.  Kristen tried sleeping on a bed but isn't able to lift her chest up in order to get out of bed.  Once laying flat or even propped up with pillows she can't sit up without assistance so in order to be a little more independent she prefers the recliner.  She can get in and out of it without help.   I know she looks forward to the day when she can actually lay down, sleep on her side and then actually get out of bed without help.
    School started on Tuesday for Meg and Roman thus for Kristen as well.  =)
    Meg is in 10th grade and Roman is in 5th grade.  Meg also started Seminary and seems to love it.  She's in a class with alot of people she knew when they lived here before as well as making new friends.  Meg has her drivers permit and loves to "go driving".  I love spending that time with her.  She had a big day Saturday.  Started at 7:30am with a Ward Temple trip in Medford and ended with a Stake Barn Dance.  She had a blast doing both. Meg loves going to the Temple to do baptisms and loves to dance.
    Roman is working on his Webelo.  He is working on his fire building skills, planned for and prepared 2 dinners over the fire for all of us this week as well as doing part of the Fitness badge. (It's not called that anymore but I can't remember what it is now.)   Ranelle was here and was so great to help him with all of this.  Roman had a friend over yesterday for a sleepover.   They had fun playing in the river, trying to catch fish as they swam by with no luck but they did catch a frog. They also had fun with wheelchair races and pokeman.
   Kristen tried driving yesterday! That's BIG progress.....but decided she's not ready yet because she can't lift her arms high enough to turn the steering wheel.  I guess I get to keep my chauffeur job for a little longer.

 That's all for now.  Have a great day all!!  
 
 

5 comments:

  1. I love this. Thanks for the update. Keep it up Kristen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. Thanks for the update. Keep it up Kristen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update! We pray for you and the kids every day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the update! We pray for you and the kids every day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet that shoewer felt like heaven:-). That is awesome Meg is loving all seminary and getting to spend time with her old friends.

    ReplyDelete