Scott and April picked the kids up and took them to Wes and Ariela's for a cousin sleepover! They are going to have so much fun. Grace, Lauren, Meg, Roman, Dallen, Evan, and little Eliza all together for two nights. Good luck Wes and Ariela! Thank you so much!
I thought I would share some of the things that I have received as a few "must-haves"for my surgery....
Button-up Pajamas for easy access when the drains are in those first two weeks.
Cozy socks to keep my toesies warm.
Homemade pillows for some arm support.
Goldfish crackers for something little to eat for an upset stomach.
Hydro flask water bottle to keep my water ice cold--got to stay hydrated!
Earrings to make me feel beautiful!
Dry shampoo because I am not supposed to shower for two weeks!!
Facial wipes to help feel fresh and clean.
Journal prompt jar to help me write some interesting and meaningful things in my journal.
Smile jar that has inspirational quotes to pull out whenever I need a pick me up.
Drain band for holding the drains underneath my clothes, shhhh...no one will even know.
Mints for fresh breath and to calm an upset stomach.
So I am all decked out and ready to go! The plan is to get there by 5:30, hopefully they will start the surgery at 8:00. I think the surgeon told me that the actual surgery would take 5-6 hours. If all goes well I will come back to the hotel in the early afternoon and rest. The next day, Thursday, I have a follow up appointment with the plastic surgeon at 8:00.
Well, that is the plan! Thank you for all of your texts and calls. Talk to you soon, wish me luck!
I love your sense of humor and positive attitude, Kristen! you are in our prayers.
ReplyDeleteYou are an amazing women, that night when the girls were getting to sleep we all said a prayer for you. Cousin time was awesome... We when to the park and to the pool.... I got a taste of what life with 7 kids would be like :) they were all amazing.
ReplyDelete