We have been contemplating this decision for some time now and have been going back and forth between just removing my ovaries or doing a full hysterectomy. We have decided to just do the ovaries now. We chose this for many reasons. First, the ovaries make the most estrogen and they need to come out. Second, this surgery is a one week recovery versus a 6-8 week recovery from the hysterectomy. Third, I can always have my uterus out at a later time. Fourth, I am going to switch medications, off of Tamoxifen, which is the one that is most risky for the uterus. Taking Tamoxifen makes you 3x as likely to get uterine cancer. So that was a big worry. I feel good about this decision and I am trusting my gut on this one.
Friday afternoon was the surgery. I did it here in Roseburg at the Surgery Center. Dr. Wonderly performed it. I was in surgery for about 1 1/2 hours or so. It was all done laparascopically. I have three incision sites on my tummy. I am pretty sore and tired, but doing well. So now I am in full blown menopause. At age 35, not many people are going through menopause. It is uncomfortable, but not unbearable.
Meg is back from Girls Camp. She had a great time and made some new friends. Roman is looking forward to Cub Scout Camp in two weeks. We are busy working on our home, getting it ready to sell. Hope to sell quickly and move to northern Idaho before school starts.
my heart is with you...
ReplyDelete