Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Surgery

We went to the hospital about 7:00am on Wednesday.  Got checked in.  No one else was in the waiting room.  They took us back, just after a few minutes.  I got to put on the paper vacuum gown that regulates your temperature.  A little weird,  but it was nice to control it myself.  Hospitals are always so cold.  Soon two anesthesiologists came in, then three nurses, all asking me my name and DOB and my surgery history, etc.  Including me and my mom, there were seven people all in that tiny little room.  It took two tries to get a good IV going.  OK, that first one was painful!!  Not sure what happened, but there was a big bulge on my wrist.  Once that was done, we were just waiting on my surgeon.  He came a few minutes later and then I was being wheeled to the OR.  The nurses are always so sweet.   Got on the operating table and said a little goodbye to the rocks on my chest.  The next thing I knew I was waking up in recovery.  The surgery took about two hours to take the expanders out and the silicone implants in.  No drains yay!!

This time around  recovery went much better.  I didn't feel so lightheaded and nauseous.  I could get up and walk slowly to the bathroom.  After just about an hour or so, we were headed to the hotel to rest.  I was able to lie down on my back and even on my side a little.  Such a difference from the first surgery.  The next morning I had a post-op appointment with my surgeon.  He took the bandages off and checked the incision sites.  "Looks good...come back in three weeks." 

I slept and rested for the first couple of days.  I started to feel queasy and lightheaded and actually still do.  But, I am not in pain and don't need to take the pain medication anymore.  The nausea patch they gave me makes my eyes very blurry.  Even as I am typing this, I can't see it very clearly.  Just trusting spellcheck and my typing skills at this point. 

I will continue to take it easy and no exercising for three weeks, when the stitches come out.  I feel very blessed that everything went so smoothly.  I appreciate all of your love and prayers.  I have felt them and know that your prayers helped me! Thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment