Thursday, April 4, 2013

Zoladex

This Monday I had another Herceptin treatment, only two more to go!  I also received a Zoladex shot, although it is more like an implant. My nurse tried to explain it to me like it was similar to getting a belly piercing.  Ummm, never had a belly piercing.  She sprayed some numbing spray on my stomach and in the needle went.  The little Zoladex goes right under the skin and lasts for 28 days. It is supposed to shut down my ovaries.  I opted to do this shot for a few months before deciding whether or not to have the surgery to remove my ovaries.  My doctors really want me to get my ovaries out, so it will lower my estrogen levels even more.  We have not decided what to do about that yet. 

We had a very nice Easter with our traditional scavenger hunt.

 They found the basket!

Meg had a great experience today. She got to dissect a frog!  It was not her favorite thing to do, but she did it and has now gone through that rite of passage.  Great job Meg!

No comments:

Post a Comment