Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Recent mammogram

Last Tuesday I had another mammogram here in Roseburg.  I had not been back to that office since I first discovered the lump and went in for an ultrasound and mammogram, last May.  I was a bit nervous and apprehensive going in.  Although I feel good and I am getting stronger each day, I felt I could not depend on that, as I felt good last May when I went in.  I asked the radiologist if he could tell me right away if he found anything.  After the mammogram, he came in and told me that everthing was clear!  Whew!  What a relief!  I was cautiously excited!  We had the office send the films up to my surgeon in Eugene.  We wanted him to look over the films as well.  So, basically, we wanted a second opinion.  We heard back today from him and he said he could not be happier.  He could not see anything suspicious!  YES!! 
 Yesterday I went in for another Herceptin treatment.  Also saw my oncologist and he said he would say I am NED, which means No Evidence of Disease.  They can't tell me I am "cancer free" and in remission means you still have cancer, it just isn't growing and is stable.  So, I am NED.  That is where we are!  We are very excited! 

2 comments:

  1. Kristen! This news make me SO HAPPY! Congratulations :) You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete