I am going to try and get through this post without starting to cry.
Yesterday we went to Sutherlin for my nephew, Colton's soccer game. Their team wears pink jerseys throughout the month of October for breast cancer awareness. I loved seeing all of those boys sporting the pink! I don't know if any of the team had anyone in their families with breast cancer, other than Colton.
After the game all of the family members stand on the sidelines and clap for their boys. The boys run across the field over to their families. Colton came towards me and took off his pink jersey and handed it to me. I gave him a big hug and all I could think of was, this is my sweet little Colton that I used to carry arond with me, not so many years ago. He would have his binky in his mouth and his blanket thrown over his shoulder. Sometimes he would take his binky out and say my name, "Ritta...Ritta.." in his low, baby voice. What a sweet gesture for him to give me his jersey, and by the way, instead of putting his own last name on the back, as all the other boys did, he had them put Myler. Just for me.
Colton, I hope you know how much that meant to me. You touched my heart with your sweet gesture! I will never forget that moment for as long as I live! Thank you for that! I love you!




this brought tears to my eyes. what a sweet and tender tribute for you Kristen. Way to go Colton.
ReplyDeleteI love this!
ReplyDelete